SOT: Car love

Mark <maardak@yahoo.ca> opined:
<snippit>
Which
brings up yet another reason to love these cars - anyone with a Bentley
and a modest set
of tools can do most of their own work.  They are simple to work on -
like the engineers
actually put some thought into making the components easy to
remove/replace (well not
ALL...)
</snippit>

Every mechanic I've ever had work on the car hated it and most of the ones I worked with refused to work on it.  The only ones who did either needed the money or liked VWs.  I have yet to find a mechanic who likes working on them and doesn't already love VWs.

And yes, I said mechanics "I worked with"... sounds weird coming from someone who knows squat about cars, but I worked as a register jockey in a service station.  I took people's money for gas.  Never got a chance to do anything on cars.  I can do oil changes, and have even put some hoses on my rocco, but that's about it.  I have the Bently, just need to get tools.

Mike

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source