SOT: Car love

And now that I'm living in the country, and it being a little hilly, I'm loving this car even more.  It's like a rollercaoster sometimes.  It handles SOOOO much better than my Pontiac Parrisienne, it's disgusting (the difference, not the rocco!).  I'm enjoying my 50 mile (one way) commute more and more.  My fiancee is from HillBilly land, VA (she's a descendant of the Hatfields.... Hatfield/McCoy fued), and loves the roads where we live, although they're not nearly as wind-y as her hometown.  I keep telling her she's going to have to go driving with me some weekend so she can appreciate this car.

Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com> wrote:

Mark opined:

Which
brings up yet another reason to love these cars - anyone with a Bentley
and a modest set
of tools can do most of their own work. They are simple to work on -
like the engineers
actually put some thought into making the components easy to
remove/replace (well not
ALL...)

Every mechanic I've ever had work on the car hated it and most of the ones I worked with refused to work on it. The only ones who did either needed the money or liked VWs. I have yet to find a mechanic who likes working on them and doesn't already love VWs.

And yes, I said mechanics "I worked with"... sounds weird coming from someone who knows squat about cars, but I worked as a register jockey in a service station. I took people's money for gas. Never got a chance to do anything on cars. I can do oil changes, and have even put some hoses on my rocco, but that's about it. I have the Bently, just need to get tools.

Mike

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source