Couple of Q's about a 79- kinda longish

> All of it as long as you have a vacuum line for the vacuum advance and
> retard you really don't need much else

Would it be better to run these lines from the manifold or before the TB?
I read somewhere you can use the vacuum retard with the mechanical advance,
for the best of both worlds, but can't for the life of me remember where.
Anyone know about this?

> A quick comment on your fuel system ordeal.  Basically, you can get rid of
> everything that doesn't sense or do something that is aimed at your fuel
> system.  The Cat, carbon canister, EGR system, etc. etc. are all part of
> the attempt to reduce emissions.  If you don't fall under this particular
> category (state or age of car) then there is nothing wrong with pulling
this
> stuff off.  For the most part, the CIS with Lambda (even without a cat)
will
> run clean enough to pass emissions.  Good Luck!!

I live in Atlanta, and we have to pass smog, but this car never had a cat,
just the EGR system. Next year it will reach the 25 year mark, and won't
have to pass again. I'm more concerned with a proper air/fuel mix for engine
performance than for the emissions anyway.

Thanks for the help!
Jeff