.org forums instead of mailing list?

At 8:36 PM -0400 6/23/03, Marc Getty wrote:
>Anyone for the best of both worlds? The mailing list and a newsgroup
>can be bridged together. Many lists/groups do this now.
>
>With this setup all newsgroup posts are sent to the mailing list, and
>all mailing list posts are sent to the newsgroup. The great thing
>about this is once the newsgroup is picked up by a bunch of news
>servers, (like Google groups) the posts will be available ad
>infinitum.
>
>I support this 100%. Mailing list good. Newsgroup good but different.
>Forum bad.
>
>Is it easy to do with mailman? Dunno. Brett?
>
>-Marc

Yes, this is possible. :-)  There a some email list handling systems that allow
for a newsgroup bridge.  I have the source code to one of them now actually.

At some point in the future (after my new house is built and I have 3
DSL lines pulled),
we'll go to that method.  Until then...I should upload my images to
Allyn... :-)

==Brett