was: Am I in the wrong? (long) Now: desired effect reached.

First off, thanks to everyone for making me feel that I was right in my
dealings with the moderator.  Secondly, Allyn, big thanks for going after
him on your own, I have to admit that my wife got a big laugh at how
honestly you made your point.  Dave E, 2.8794520547945205479452054794521
years does seem to not be 4, but who's counting right? lol.

Now, I really do appreciate everyone's words and help.  The good news is
that the thread may have been locked, but it didn't stop many of the
golf/jetta IV texers from coughing up everything on this guy right down to
his work phone number and home address.  My wife had a slew of IM's when she
logged in a little bit ago.  An best of all, we got an e-mail from the
seller offering to refund the money.  So all in all, the dick moderator lost
his battle and the community came out on top.

As for the moderator, while I think he was way off, I don't think I'll
really do anything about it.  Personally I wasn't looking to attack him,
just wanted to make sure I wasn't pushing a issue that I shouldn't be.  It
was very hard to be objective since my wife was involved.  But I may very
well still drop a line to the powers that be @ the Tex and let them know
they might want to keep an eye on his judgement calls.  Everyone is allowed
a few screwup's I think and maybe he'll learn a littel something from all
this.

My wife also wanted to say thanks and that if anyone ever runs into the sam
situation, just let me know and she'll do a littel skip-tracing for you
guy's.  She used to do that kind of work on a daily basis for a few years
and she's damn good at it.  Definitly will keep me in line since I know I
could never run from her and stay hidden for long.

Thanks again everyone,
William & Cristine Snyder