1.8t swap questions!

I can get myself a 99 passat 1.8t, with 55,000km on the engine for 4 grand
Canadian. This a good deal?
Does the automatic ECU work when converting to a manual transmission?
What years are the AEB engines from?
How do I convert this to a manual tranny, does the 020 2y tranny work. I
want to use it for a while till i can get somthing better. This fit?

Anyone have any webpages for 1.8t swaps, I could really use some, I lost all
my pages that I used to have after formating my computer?

Thanks