automatic tire balancing ?

Please excuse me for not taking the time to follow the relevant links.

My suggestion is to take the wheel to a machine shop and ask them if they can true the hole in it for you.  This would likely require welding some material to fill in the hole slightly, then mounting it into a lathe and re-cutting the hole to be true again.  Otherwise you could just have them hog out the hole and cut a ring to press-fit into the new hole.  That might be best because welding can change aluminum's properties significantly for some aluminum types.  This requires a pretty large lathe and some time setting stuff up, but it would be the best solution if you could get it done for a decent price.  At least look into it, especially if you can find a machinist on base or something.

BH