tools for tranny swap?

I got an idea from one of the posts about installing an engine without a lift.  On my Golf, I use three 2X4's.  One in each of the "channels" the sides of the hood rest in and one resting on these going left to right across the engine bay.  I used a nylon tie down strap with a ratchet thing that takes the slack out.  I was able to have the straps hold the transmission and it was really easy to line it up and bolt it in.  It may have taken longer than if I bench-pressed it in perfect the first time, but there was no stress on me when I did it.