tools for tranny swap?

Now that you mention it, if you have a garage with a
sturdy beam overhead, use it. When I pulled my whole
engine I used a cheap 2-ton come-a-long as the engine
lift. I chained it to the ceiling joist.

You just have to be creative/careful/patient to lower
it gently. Hold the handle while releasing the catch,
lower it a bit with the handle, re-set the catch, move
the handle down, repeat...

Neal