Cam bearing stud stripped. what to do.

Well hell, if that's all it is, just grab another stud from a scrap head
or the dealer and get on with it.

A bit of mild scoring on the bearing surface of the head or the cap is not
the end of the world IMHO - just be sure the caps are installed in the
same position and orientation as they were removed from ( and a little
more carefully the second time around from the sounds of it.)

Drew

--
|  84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco  |