brake problem

If you've checked for brake fluid leaks at each of your wheels and found none....then Brian is on the right track.

Larry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Decker
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 10:13 AM
  Subject: Re: brake problem

  Hi Ryan;
      I think you need to invest in a new master cylinder. I have rescued many
  Rabbits, Sciroccos etc and almost always if you have to do much brake work
  and bleeding of the brakes the master cylinder goes south. The only time I
  would even consider using a used M/C is when I knew it had been in service
  for say less than a year. I think the bore roughs up in the area past normal
  bottom brake pedal use and when you bleed it scores the rubber in the M/C
  and then the brake fluid bypasses.
      I learned this the hard way and the second time you change the M/C and
  do a full bleed your flat rate is shot ( Not that I ever make flat rate).
  ALWAYS buy a NEW M/C.
  Brian Decker