  From: Drew MacPherson
  To: Dave Ewing
  Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 2:04 PM
  Subject: Re: Cam bearing stud stripped. what to do.

  Unfortunately the odds of stripping a steel stud in an aluminium hole are
  slim to none methinks.  More likely the threads are stripped out of the
  head.  Tapping and installing an oversize stud is one option - many auto
  places carry 8 over 10 oversize studs for exhaust manifold studs that
  strip out - I wonder if one of these could work?

  Drew

  On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Dave Ewing wrote:

  > If it is just the stud, not the head that is stripped, it is easily
  > replacable.  Change heads for a stud??  I think you'd be changing head after
  > head after head as most heads have some type of small flaw.
  >
  > Dave

  |  84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco  |
  |    http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd       |