CIS Injector - New Problem :(

Thanks a mil.  Now for the next problem :)

So I decided to pull the injector seats. Figured if I am there and might as
well replace them.  3 came out easy (the plastic piece on the end are
really cracked and brittle) the 4th came out with out the plastic piece.

I can feel into the head and notice that it is still stuck in the head.

Any idea how to get it out?

I really don't want to pull the head, but if I have to....

TIA

Cory

At 01:04 PM 07/07/2003 -0400, Mark wrote:
> --- Cory Langford <corylang@dccnet.com> wrote: >
>>
>> Okay,
>>
>> This is the first time I have had to pull injectors.  The Car is an '87
>> Jetta (us model).  Injectors pull fine, I am replacing the O-rings when I
>> replace the injectors.
>>
>> So First question is: anything Else I need to replace when I get the new
>> injectors?
>

>New seats might be a good idea - they're cheap...  Also, lube up the
o-rings with a bit
>of gas to help them slide in the seats easier...  One more thing - after
installing the
>new injectors on the lines, place them all in a jar or something and lift
the plate in
>the fuel distributor with the ign. on.  Purge them for a while - they'll
be "screaming" -
>don't be alarmed...  :)
>

>> Second question:  The injectors from the Jetta only have 1 O ring (at the
>> top close to the fuel line connection).  I pulled a set of injectors I from
>> the old JH engine I had in the roc.  I know these to be good so I was going
>> to use them, but they have 2 O-rings.  One at the top, and one at the very
>> bottom.
>>
>> For my benefit, what is the difference - besides the two rings :)
>

>The injectors with one o-ring are from a non air-shrouded head.  2 o-rings:
>air-shrouded...
>

>> Can I
>> use the injectors from the JH on the Jetta engine?  Do I need to pull the
>> injector inserts from the head of the JH and install them into the Jetta to
>> use these injectors, or do I need to go find the other ones?  (I can find a
>> whole wack of injectors for sale with 2 seals, so I am assuming they are
>> the same as the ones from the roc).
>

>The air-shrouded seats have a different size O.D, so the seats themselves
are not
>interchangable...  You can run non air-shrouded injectors in the
air-shrouded seats -
>just block off the air inlet with some RTV or cap it...  I've run this
setup for years
>with no problems.
>
>I'm not so sure it'll work the other way around though.  Methinks the 2
o-ring injectors
>won't fit in the non air-shrouded seats, and since the proper seats won't
fit that head,
>I think you're screwed on that one...  I'm not 100% sure on that though -
I haven't tried