suspension kits

<snip Mike>
As regards the feel:  I'd don't want it to be bumpy, but I don't want to
sacrifice handling.  What is recommended to get the best of both?
<end snip>

Well, everyone will have their own opinion.  On my '86 16v, I've been
running the B sports with Neuspeed Soft Sports for about 5-6 years.  Dropped
about a half inch from the stock setup (that's a function of the springs).
The body sits about two fingers above the tires.  I've really enjoyed this
setup, from a handling standpoint and it's not too pounding over the bumps.
It hits a little hard on abrupt bumps (like those metal plates on the road
in construction sites).  To round out the handling package, I upped the
front and rear sways, added an upper strut bar, and moved up to 195/55-14s
Dunlop SP8000 on the stock rims.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II