OT: Car advertising - Something to ponder

Pontiac used to use showroom videos to sell the Trans-Am this way.  Zipping
around the countryside and taking a nice airborne jump over a rise in the
road.  No mention of the fact that piece of road was shaped to keep the
front end up during the feat or that the car was specially built -
reinforced to do the trick.  The result was something like a youthful
driver, with three friends in the car, trying the trick with his car.  The
nose went down, the car went end over end. I don't recall if any of them
survived.  Although Pontiac lost a suit over the case it is unfortunate
that it takes a couple of deaths to discourage using that type of
advertising to sell cars.  A youthful driver, without an understanding of
vehicle dynamics, doing the same thing he had seen the car capable of doing
in the video.  Now ads of this type usually disclose that car with a
professional driver on a closed course (which looks like a winding country
road) is being used, and perhaps that the car is specially modified.

Chris