OT: Car advertising - Something to ponder

> >I find it strange that car advertisements on TV always show cars
> >speeding or
> >doing other things that are illegal.

While I would definitely classify this kind of advertising as unfortunate,
or maybe even a bit irresponsible, it is truly sad that there are huge
lawsuits about this kind of stuff.

Think of your favorite movie. I would bet money that, in the movie you've
just named, there is at least one illegal, unnatural, or
something-you-shouldn't-do in it. I can't think of any (good) movies that
wouldn't have SOMETHING of this nature in it. That's why we go to watch
them...because it is stuff that is bigger/better/worse/crazier than real
life. Does this mean you go out and do it? I doubt it...and I hope not.
Maybe we should make everything illegal! Yeah, that'll fix everything wrong
with this world.

Or, how about we just make it illegal to watch TV without a license. You
have to pass a test to ensure that you are intelligent and of sufficient
mental stability to not pose a risk to yourself or others during or after
operation of a mass media device (MMD). You must also carry a $250,000
minimum liability insurance, as required by law. Serving content to minors
or un-licensed adults is a Federal offense.

<sigh>

When will people start taking responsibility for their actions?

If everyone else jumped off a bridge...

Neal
(OK...so I jumped off a bridge...but I didn't sue nobody!)