NOS setup. GRM car (88 16v)

well I finally got all the required formulas flow rate pressure stuff.
and then finally got this required bit of info.

Q. How long will a bottle of nitrous last?
A. That depends on the level of power being produced. The formula for
calculating your nitrous usage is: 0.8 lbs N2O X 10 seconds = 100
horsepower. I.E. If your system is jetted for 100 horsepower it will use
0.8 lbs of nitrous for every 10 seconds of usage.

That gives us our required flow rate. at least as a start. now.
im ready to start spreading the design.  It was early in the design to be
running my mouth. Now that we have that little bit of information.

To date.
FPGA controller proto board up and running.
flow rate for water injection
flow rate for extra fuel.
flow rate for NOS now.
  Pressure equations for decreasing bottle pressure
  still needed density as a function of pressure and temp.

brian

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Scott F. Williams wrote:

> > Also Im looking for any parts that you dont need specifically a
> > bottle or two (we could return them after the race)
>
> Brian, you and the crew are welcome to borrow my nitrous bottle whenever you
> need it.
>
> > Brian Haygood is gonna hate me.. is there a fuel injector that could be
> > used? if so where do I get a used one or several ie. out of what car.
>
> Brian, you'll want to be able to flow a maximum water volume of around 25%
> of total fuel flow. Since I figure your engine will produce around 250hp
> when on the bottle, the total fuel flow should be around 1850cc/min. Thus,
> your ideal water injector size is about 460cc/min or 44lbs. You can grab
> 42lb injectors from the Ford Lightning; they're commonly referred to as
> "green tops". Or, are you planning to run a multiport set up?
>
> FYI, I get my estimates assuming a .65 brake specific fuel consumption at a
> 4bar (58psi) fuel pressure. I realize that you're using CIS-E with a wet
> shot, so these numbers don't actually apply except for matching the water
> requirements. In otherwords, your total fuel flow should be at around that
> 1850cc/min, but the aggregate injector size/fuel pressure numbers will be
> totally different.
>
> Hey, here's a hint that I've suggest before! How about consulting with the
> VW_Water_Injection Yahoo!group??? You'll actually reach the very folks
> who've done some of this before. How about that, huh? :^)
>
> > Also is there anybody out there that would do some CNC'ing cheap for a
> > custom Fuel Injector mounting system?
>
> Ask Wing Gee how he mounted his stuff. Maybe he did it on the cheap tip?
> --
> Scott F. Williams
> NJ Scirocco nut
> '99 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
> Mazda 323 GTX turbo "assaulted" vehicle
> Golf GTI 16v "rollycar"
> ClubVAC: "Roads found. Drivers wanted."

Brian
88 16v $2003 GRM challenge car http://www.grmotorsports.com
84 0v Next years car got parts?
82 2.0L Topless bunny -- Knock Ignition and bigger clutch. next.
90 90q20v doing daily driver duty.
91 VFR750F everybody needs a 11-12 sec vehicle.

Contact method. Email me for AIM, ICQ, YahooIM, IRC, etc.