From: "Tony Morehead" <wolfsburg16v2k2@yahoo.com>
To: "Rabbit16v" <Rabbit16v@attbi.com>; "list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 6:58 AM
Subject: Re: tt race dp question: can I fit a cat with it?

> i live in davie county in north carolina, and when they do inspections
here they do no check exhaust at all.  my car is a 1987 16v scirocco.  the
exhaust place i went to was in a neighboring county.  the guy that did it is
a wizard with a torch and i had seen his work b4, which is why i chose to go
there.  when i was explaining what i wanted i mentioned doing it without a
cat. he said he couldnt do non-cat exhausts because if for some reason EPA
came into his shop while he was working there would be a $2500 fine.  now im
sure the odds of them showing up at some tiny muffler shop in a small town
is very unlikely, but he wasnt going to take the chance. i said "but i have
a race dp and it fills the place where a cat would be" and he looked under
the car and said "no problem".  i came back 4 hours later and there was
definately a cat under there.  next time its on a lift ill try to remember
to take pics.
> -tony
>  Rabbit16v <Rabbit16v@attbi.com> wrote:If you don't have any emissions to
pass then why the heck do you have a cat