jh firing on 3cyl. intermittent

can I suggest something?

Remove the platiniums and put back 3 electrodes Super Copper Bosh plugs back
in there, the 8v was never designed to NOT have resistance in the plugs (why
the plugs are resistance plugs that came with teh car).

Another thing check your wire from distributor to plug to see if it is
cracked internally (if you could change it it to see)