Quasi OT - Corrado / possible scirocco sale

I had a 92 Corrado for 3 1/2 years.  My payment on it was $350 a month.
Over the time I owned it I averaged $340 a month on it keeping it on the
road, including my insurance, which was $800 a year.  In that time I
replaced or repaired the Clutch/pressure plate/ throw out bearing, The
master and slave clutch cylinders, the main cooling fan assembly ($480) the
secondary slave cooling fan, the head gasket, the $30 chain tensioner that
you have to remove the tranny to replace, the hydaulic piston chain
tensioner, had the head rebuilt because all the exhaust valves bent because
of all the the bad chain tensioner stuff ($240 head bolts, $80 head gasket,
$300 in valves, $80 valve springs, new valve seals and $350 of machine work,
not counting other crap) .  Beyond that I had numourous cooling problems
that all lead back to a crash that happened years before on the car where
the battery got busted.  The acid leaked onto the harness routed under the
battery (stupid) and ate it up.  When I found it and repaired it the AC
worked again too.  I had 1 broken windshield and 3 break ins ( 2 doors, 1
window).  Someone also stole the grill out of it.  I replaced the cracked
driving lights ($110 ea), a couple of front wheel bearings and had to put
pads on it front and rear.

I did all the work myself (except bodywork, windshields and machining of the
head) so you can figure what the parts cost.
My car had 70,000 miles on it when it I sold it.

A guy at work had a another 92 for a few months.  His sunroof broke, the
heater core went, the power windows screwed up and it also needed a clutch.
It had 70,000 miles also.

The cars are great but if you are going to drive one as a primary driver
then stay the hell away from them.  If you are going to buy one as a garage
toy and put less than 5000 miles a year on it then it might be worth it.
They are great cars to drive but suck the big one on reliability and parts
cost.

Alan