Mk2 rear bumper question/new to the list

at the insistence of Josh in Albany NY I decided to join this list...so
howdy and all that good stuff...my name is Sandor Nagy...I'm a member of
VWoT (volkswagens of toronto) and I go by Crazy Hungarian on vwvortex...my
current daily driver, if you can believe it, is a 1975 Rabbit with a 2.0L
16V under the hood...thankfully I've finally found a decent "winter car"
so that I can store the rabbit for the winter and keep its salt and snow
exposure to a minimum.
I will pick it up this week...a bright red 1987 Scirocco 16V...nice winter
beater huh?
Anywho, the only downside with it is that the downpipe resembles swiss
chess and the rear bumper currently resides on the back seat...the clips
on the back of it seem to be broken...the previous owner told me he came
out of the local shopping mall to find it lying on the ground behind his
car one day...so here's my first question: what's the best way to re-affix
this bumper to the back of my car?
thanks

sandor