[kinda OT] opinions on Mechanix gloves

--------------040306080808090800060505

Not that my opinion counts for much, but i dont like gloves. I can deal
with cuts and scrapes, and the feel of my skin cracking and falling off
due to solvents...because i have to be able to feel what im doing. With
the gloves on i just cant work! I always drop things, clumsy etc. I
suppose i could try to get used to them, but i'd rather work naked.

Ron Pieper wrote:

>I got the gel ones for Christmas and in general, I like them a lot.
>They have good tactile feel for gloves, and fit my very large and very
>thin, bony hands well - can't say that for all gloves.  They protect my
>hands very well.  They get soaked with grease and oil easily, and leave
>a smudge mark on everything I touch...just ask my wife.  Can't comment
>on gel vs. non-gel though.
>
>HTH
>
>Ron
>--- Robbie Cotner <robw_z@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>After a new round of cuts yesterday, I've finally decided to treat my
>>hands to a pair of Mechanix gloves.  I was just wondering if you guys
>>had experience with them, I'm mainly wondering if it's worth to spend
>>the extra $10 for the gel-packed ones.  Thanks-
>>
>>Rob

--------------040306080808090800060505

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Not that my opinion counts for much, but i dont like gloves. I can deal with
cuts and scrapes, and the feel of my skin cracking and falling off due to
solvents...because i have to be able to feel what im doing. With the gloves
on i just cant work! I always drop things, clumsy etc. I suppose i could
try to get used to them, but i'd rather work naked.<br>
Ron Pieper wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">I got the gel ones for Christmas and in general, I like them a lot.
They have good tactile feel for gloves, and fit my very large and very
thin, bony hands well - can't say that for all gloves.  They protect my
hands very well.  They get soaked with grease and oil easily, and leave
a smudge mark on everything I touch...just ask my wife.  Can't comment
on gel vs. non-gel though.

HTH

Ron
--- Robbie Cotner <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:robw_z@yahoo.com";>&lt;robw_z@yahoo.com&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">After a new round of cuts yesterday, I've finally decided to treat my