Clutch question (again) partial rant.. kind of long

Sounds most DEFINITELY like a clutch problem.  Did you inspect the
pressure plate when you pulled the tranny yourself?  It sounds to me
like the pressure plate is out of wack.  If everything is okay
externally like you say (clutch freeplay, yada yada), I would pull the
tranny (yes, again) and inspect/replace the pressure plate.  I had a
very similar problem where one of the straps on the pressure plate was
broken, which caused it to drag on the clutch disc even when the clutch
should have been disengaged.

> Very sorry for the rant....  Thanks very much in advance for advice.

Having to pull the tranny more than once for the same problem makes it
okay to rant!  I know exactly how you feel...good luck!

Joe Doty
IT/Development
joe@lcnetwork.com=20