Water pump....questions

Patrick, On a street driven car you would probley want
to use a underdrive pulley on the crank & mabey a
larger one on the water & powersteering pumps, A good
machine shop could turn these down out of
aluminum.(Ron should know more about that)
You could also install a switch that will cutout the
alternator while racing, just besure to switch it back
on for normal driving
Good Luck,FJ
--- ATS - Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> Working on my 2L project and thinking...could it be
> possible to not install
> the pulley driven Water pump and install a type of
> electrical water pump
> instead and gain some HP?
> I have been obviously reading too many racing
> catalogues, I am getting
> ideas, but no real clue what type would electrical
> driven (yeah I can hear
> the gremlins already getting ready to attack this
> thing) water pump ?
>
> any one have any ideas on this?
>
> ATS - Patrick Bureau - txrocco@sbcglobal.net

=====