Water pump....questions

If your alt was still spinning wouldn't that still cause friction and pull
from your HP anyways? I mean if you turn the alternator off all you are
doing is opening the external circuit, you wouldn't really be lessening the
friction from the alt because it would still be turning and makeing energy,
it just wouldn't be pushing it into the entire electrical system.

Disclaimer: this is an amature electrical student talking, I am not really
knowledgable on the pulley end of things but electrical is a diff. story so
this is how *I* see it.

Peace Out,
Rhett
Rocco_crossing
'83 Rocco (autocross ready, 20 days till season opener)
'92 Olds Cutlass Ciera (DD)