Clutch question (again) partial rant.. kind of long

Don't know if this applies, but recently I had my clutch
replaced and it turned out there was a two-fold problem,
the clutch was worn all right, and they fixed that, but the
clutch cable sheath had split, up where it wasn't visible,
and even tho the cable adjustment was correct, freeplay
etc, it was flexing enough that it wouldn't fully disengage
the clutch.  Replaced the cable, problem fixed.