Clutch question (again) partial rant.. kind of long

OK, an update on the tranny install.  Shawn, you were right about the clutch
lever AFAIK, but there seems to be a problem with the actual clutch.  A
little background...  I had a clutch changed at a shop that I thought was
respectable & knowledgable.  Two months later, i get hard shifting, and
eventually impossible shifting when the engine is running.  And when I start
it in gear, it rolls, pedal depressed or not, like the clutch won't fully
release its grip.  I take it back to the shop to repair it under warranty,
stating that the clutch has a problem.  They pull the tranny to find it had
"machined" itself.  They claim no problem with their clutch install.  So, we
finished the new tranny install ourself, not wanting to pay $700 for a used
tranny install at their shop. (got a tranny for $75)  Go to test drive it
last night, SAME PROBLEM!  It won't go into gear unless the engine is off,
and if I start it in gear with the clutch down, it will roll slowly, and
engage completely as I lift the pedal up.  The freeplay seems to be OK, and
the tranny is known to work.  Am I right that this is a clutch problem??  Is
it a cable adjustment problem, that it won't pull the lever enough to
disengage?  Or is it a worn clutch?  From all my experience, (not TOO
extensive) these are the symptoms of a worn clutch.  I DO NOT want to go
back to that shop at all for various reasons.  I have given them 2nd and 3rd
chances with my car, and I am never pleased.  They don't take into
consideration that I know my car better than any of their lunkhead
"mechanics"

Very sorry for the rant....  Thanks very much in advance for advice.

Drew

**Drew Teague**
Harrisburg, PA

`84 8v Rocco --  "Bruise"