[correction Re: speaking of FF tranny...]

"Decker" <boisfort@myhome.net> wrote:
Hi Dan;
    You are right I must have grabbed the 4000 rpm figure from driving my=
 84
Rabbit GTI with it's 4K tranny down the freeway with traffic which was
usualy around 4000 rpm. You may not find 80 mph ( 4146 rpm) with your 4k
tranny bothersome but you sure sacrifice some mileage and wear factor on =
the
engine. I loved the backroads in my GTI with it's 4K but I would never ha=
ve
taken it on a long trip. When I took it's JH engine and put it in my 80
Rabbit pickup I coupled it with an FF and I find it is a much nicer
combination. I took a trip to Georgia in it a couple of years ago and cam=
home to Washington state in two and a half days. With the FF  3061 RPM ge=
ts
you 75 mph and the little old JH motor is just singing an easy tune.
    Everybody to his own opinion and what makes you happy is what is righ=
t.
For my 79 Scirocco I opted for the 6 speed so I had the fun close ratio 5=

plus the cruising sixth. In my two Rabbit pickups I have FF's. I may do a=
auto-cross car this summer and if I do I will have my 4K rebuilt with a
Quaife and a 4.25 final
Brian Decker