All Roccs were made in Germany, eh ?

Thanks for all the feedback, you all are extremely helpfull. I was asking b/c I am taking another look at a super clean GTi this weekend. I have never seen a rabbit in such good shape outside of a showcar. This car only shows 55K miles and I belive it. The front grill still has red paint stripes going accross horizontally. I never knew that painted the grills like that. Thats stock, right ? The silver paint is still shiney, it was garage kept. Everything about this rabbit is pristine, and I might buy it. It is all stock too and the inside is mint as well.

BUT, if they used self tapping screws and shoddy workmanship to put it together, I don't want any part of it. SO I gotta think about it and check it out more carefully.

thanks again,
Marko

---
87 Scirocco 8v