Forced Induction ?: X-Flow versus JH head

 --- Alan Stamper <scirocco-al@insight.rr.com>
> I can't believe that the 5500 rpm limit I've felt
> in
> almost every hydraulic 8V motor is going to be the best for
> performance
> issues.  I'm sure the cross flow does flow better at low RPM's but
> it's
> ultimate flow numbers will limited by valve float at a lower RPM's
> than the
> solid lifter motor.  I will also give you the fact that you can get a
> turbo
> to fit those characteristics and make more torque and HP at lower
> RPMs than
> the solid lifter set up, but I still say the high RPM motor with the
> correct
> turbo will smoke the hydro motor in the long run.

According to the recent article in EC on the 2.0 ABA, you can fit
Rabbit solid lifter hardware to the crossflow head - seems like the
best of both worlds to me...

Mark - working on a 42/34 mm JH head (ohhhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaa!)