Throttle

Is this a Digifant car?  If so it sounds like the air meter flap is
getting frozen open...happened to me on my '93 Cabby on 5*F and colder
days.  Be sure the hot air supply to your airbox (routed from the
exhaust) is intact and operating.  Otherwise, see if opening the airbox
and cleaning/lubing the air meter flap pivots helps any.

HTH

Ron