Engine Probs

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C2D0C1.BB041E30

I can't be very specific, but the first part of your list of symptoms =
makes me think you have a fuel flow problem.  Start at the fuel pickup =
in the tank (actually, start at the tank and look for foreign material) =
and work your way forward.  Come to think of it, the second part of your =
list could be related, if you have very marginal fuel flow there may not =
be enough flow to allow extra fuel required at start-up.  Could be in =
the carb itself. :(

Larry
sandiego16v

1, after about 10 or so miles at around about 50 - 60 mph, my car will =
start
to jerk and lose power and speed, sounds like the engine is spitting, if =
rev through it the engine will pick up and the prob is gone.

2, when i first start the car (which is a little hard to do), the idle =
speed
will rev upto 2-3 thousand rpm and then drop to about 1 and then will =
stall.

I have changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, HT leads, rotor arm,
distributer cap, fuel pump and air filter.

Can anyone help please

Best Regards

Ian Shaw

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C2D0C1.BB041E30

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can't be very specific, but the first =
part of=20
your list of symptoms makes me think you have a fuel flow problem.&nbsp; =
Start=20
at the fuel pickup in the tank (actually, start at the tank and look for =
foreign=20
material) and work your way forward.&nbsp; Come to think of it, the =
second part=20
of your list could be related, if you have very marginal fuel flow there =
may not=20
be enough flow to allow extra fuel required at start-up.&nbsp; Could be =
in the=20
carb itself. :(</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Larry</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>sandiego16v</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1, after about 10 or so miles at around about 50 - 60 mph, my car =
will=20
start<BR>to jerk and lose power and speed, sounds like the engine is =
spitting,=20
if i<BR>rev through it the engine will pick up and the prob is =
gone.<BR><BR>2,=20
when i first start the car (which is a little hard to do), the idle=20
speed<BR>will rev upto 2-3 thousand rpm and then drop to about 1 and =
then will=20
stall.<BR><BR>I have changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, HT leads, =
rotor=20
arm,<BR>distributer cap, fuel pump and air filter.<BR><BR>Can anyone =
help=20
please<BR><BR>Best Regards<BR><BR>Ian Shaw<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C2D0C1.BB041E30--