Engine Probs

Hi all

Can anyone help, i have a couple of probs with my 1.8l carb scala

1, after about 10 or so miles at around about 50 - 60 mph, my car will start
to jerk and lose power and speed, sounds like the engine is spitting, if i
rev through it the engine will pick up and the prob is gone.

2, when i first start the car (which is a little hard to do), the idle speed
will rev upto 2-3 thousand rpm and then drop to about 1 and then will stall.

I have changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, HT leads, rotor arm,
distributer cap, fuel pump and air filter.

Can anyone help please

Best Regards

Ian Shaw
(Research & Development)