  From: trbojetta=20
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 6:12 AM
  Subject: 50MM Intake Questions

  Now that I have sold my jetta and am using the 88 16V Scirocco as a =
daily driver, I need to start working on it.  I have the opportunity to =
buy a 50mm Intake.  Wondering what else I need to make it effective.  =
Like should I swap out the cams or anything else?  If so, what cams? The =
motor is stock except for the TT fuel enrichment mod.  I don't feel as =
bad spending alot of money on this car because I already own it, and its =
so much fun to drive.

  Ben

  St. Louis, MO=20

------=_NextPart_000_0064_01C2CCE3.43B3E220

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi Ben;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Power is nice and most of us lust =
for it=20
but with a 16 valve your power to weight ratio is already pretty decent. =
I would=20
opt for spending my money on suspension improvements before more power. =
Once you=20
have your suspension upgraded then I would have the tranny rebuilt with =
a Quaife=20
torque biasing differential. The only drawback I've seen with the Quaife =
is that=20
after putting one in my MK 1 Scirocco I just have to have one in my 1981 =
Rabbit=20
1600 turbo diesel pickup so there goes 1500 dollars of this summers mad =
money to=20
rebuild an FF tranny and install a Quaife. Driving technique with=20
the&nbsp;Quaife is to dive into the corner mash the throttle and follow =
the=20
front wheels where you steer them.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Brian Decker</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Curtis WA</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A href=3D"mailto:trbo4jetta@yahoo.com"; =
title=3Dtrbo4jetta@yahoo.com>trbojetta</A>=20
  </DIV>
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org"=20
  title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, February 05, =
2003 6:12=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> 50MM Intake =
Questions</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <P>Now that I have sold my jetta and am using the 88 16V Scirocco as a =
daily=20
  driver, I need to start working on it.&nbsp; I have the opportunity to =
buy a=20
  50mm Intake.&nbsp; Wondering what else I need to make it =
effective.&nbsp;=20
  Like&nbsp;should I swap out the cams or anything else?&nbsp; If so, =
what cams?=20
  The motor is stock except&nbsp;for the TT fuel enrichment mod.&nbsp; I =
don't=20
  feel as bad spending alot of money on this car because I already own =
it, and=20
  its so much fun to drive.</P>
  <P>Ben</P>
  <P>St. Louis, MO&nbsp;</P>