shift points for older engines

I have 2 JH, one with 167K and one with 247K on them and the only time I
don't shift @ 4500-5000RPM is when the oil temp does not show 80'c anytime
the temp is below that I only rev/change gears @ 2500-3000. (as per manual
btw).

How hard.. humm how about 10 hrs straight, @ 85MPH on Hwy , I have taken my
daily driver (the one with 247K miles on it) up to 112MPH against a 16v
Jetta , and that was hummm about and 8-10 miles race. use good syntechic
oils in your tranny Redline is good, but Purple Power synthetic oils are
just as good quality and you can find it in most auto-parts store., good
quality 20w50 (if not below 30'f) engine oil, and make sure you have good
brakes (bleed every 2 years).

=>--- FabricSign@aol.com wrote:
=>>
=>> Anybody who's running an older engine (mine has 120k +
=>> miles on it),
=>> how hard is it safe to run it?  I'm wondering if I coddle
=>> mine too much,
=>> e.g. I tend to upshift at around 2500 to 3500 rpm, and
=>> rarely rev past