De : scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]De la part de Daun Yeagley
Envoye : 2 fevrier, 2003 01:07
A : FabricSign@aol.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Objet : Re: shift points for older engines

--- FabricSign@aol.com wrote:

> Anybody who's running an older engine (mine has 120k +
> miles on it),
> how hard is it safe to run it?  I'm wondering if I coddle
> mine too much,
> e.g. I tend to upshift at around 2500 to 3500 rpm, and
> rarely rev past
> 4000 in any gear.

Older engine?  Ha, yours is barely broken in.  Plus, it's a
JH, which is damn near indestructable.

All of my engines have over 200k.  None use appreciable
amounts of oil or any other fluid, and all see redline on a
frequent basis.  Just make sure your oil temp is at least
80 C before winding it up, and you should be fine.