HELP! Distributor position @ TDC

Hey All,

In the procees of a motor swap, didn't pay close enough attention to the
intermediate shaft position and distributor and rotor positions so now I'm
second-guessing myself. Here are the stats, 82 Scirocco, 1.7L to later model
1.8L hydro (from a cabby I assume), hoping to retain all original injection
and ignition including dual vaccum advance distributor. Where should the
indicator mark on the distributor housing as you look from above be pointing
and where should the rotor be pointing at TDC? Also, I can run this older
style ignition with this motor, correct? Also, this motor came out of an 85
Scirocco parts car and ran fine so it was swapped in before I got it, so am
I correct in assuming this is still a 1-3-4-2 firing order?

THANKS!!!!!
Jason Rinne
Bellingham, WA

Get dial-up Internet access now with our best offer: 6 months @$9.95/month!