[SUSPENSION] Bilstein HDs

I have Bilstein HDs in my 81 Roc. I thought I read somewhere about needing
the stock bump stops in the rear or you will ruin the shocks and void your
warranty. I know this is a stupid question, but has anyone heard this
before? And what should I look for to make sure that these were installed?
(I simply can't remember if I installed these or not.

BTW - I have the Neuspeed K-Bar that came with poly upper strut mounts in
the rear. Is that what their talking about?

Thanks,

Jason