1/4 mile strip build?

To do it properly, quite a bit of money. Remember, the burnout area and
first bit will need to be concrete, to withstand the abuse, ours is concrete
for about 60 ft. And Larry's right about the runout at the end, probably
double the 1/4 mile for anything very fast, all of which needs to be
reliably flat. I should have photos somewhere of Cayuga's rebuild, I live
nearly adjacent to North America's oldest strip  Dragway Park, Cayuga, now
Toronto Motorsport Park, (turning 50 this year), and they had to do some
serious upgrades for IHRA sanctioned events, so I do have some progress
shots of the burnout area. The whole track was essentially torn out and
redone.

Other, and equally serious issues are zoning, insurance, local government's
mindset, and how the neighbours will accept it. Our local track has no
problems with the quarter mile , but it is still at risk of closure due to a
circuit track they added on without the neighbour's blessings. Rediculous
that a few fairly normal cars on that track are an issue, but jet dragsters
on the quarter mile are okay. It was actually an election issue here. You
can imagine I'm not complaining about any of it, but it only takes a few
complaints to mess things up. There have been tears ( the old "it's
affecting my well being") and death threats to one of the counsellors over
it, it's totally nuts. You wouldn't want to have a ton of cash into it and
run into that mess.

On the other hand, there sure need to be more tracks out there. GL Cathy