From: daniel_williams@bobcat.gcsu.edu
[mailto:daniel_williams@bobcat.gcsu.edu]
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 5:44 PM
Subject: 16v cam tolerances

Hi:
Just finished rebuilding my 16v (first time)  I lined up my
intake and exhaust cams real nice with the head, and then
torqued it all down.  Now I look back at the cam gears,
expecting to still see the middle of each dimple pointing at the
head and I've found they've shifted!  Each is still aligned with
the other, but now they point slightly down, below the surface
of the head.

My question being, can a 16v take this setup?  If not, can I
loosen everything up and play with it more without messing
anything else up?

Thanks
Dan