Scirocco wiring harness differences over the years?

Actually, the early 84 and late 84 use the same integrated fuse
panel/relay plate - German-built Cabs, Sciroccos and Jettas used the same
fuse panel/relay plate from '83 through the the introduction of Central
Electric on the A2 platform in '90.

The way to tell is by the number of wires on the fuel guage sender plug -
if there are two it's an early 84 harness, if there are three then it's a
late 84 harness with in-tank transfer pump.

Drew