Rear motor mount compairson

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan Mohan
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 11:29 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Rear motor mount compairson

ok i had some problems with this on the tex so hang with me.

i currently have 4 new motor mounts an autotech poly front, autotech
sport
rear (vw motorsports mount) and the stock side mounts.

there is a little too much vibration for me and i was told to beware the
poly mount because of the cross member breaking.

i plan on getting a tt HD front mount.

is the autotech rear mount any stiffer than the tt HD mount? i would
like to
know becaues why replace it if thy are the same.

is this a good setup or should i try some other combination or something
else first?

thanks
Jonathan

The Autotech rear "Motorsport" mount is the same as the TT race mount,
which I run on all my A1's...

The TT HD mount is softer, but before you swap the rear mount, I'd make
sure the engine/trans is lined up, so that the weight is evenly
distributed.

I agree with Allyn, that the urethane front mount is not the reason why
the front crossmember cracks. Having shot side mounts with a urethane
front mount will stress the front crossmember, but if the side and rear
mounts are good, it's a non-issue.

Btw, the ETKA calls the A1 front mount a "buffer".

Peter
302.832.8989
http://thescirocco.com