Rear motor mount compairson

Jonathan,

Before you change anything try aligning your motor mounts. The basic
idea behind this is that you loosen the front and rear mounts (without
supporting the motor, except maybe while you're under it just to be safe)
then grab the engine and shake it around until it settles. Try to get all
the mounts centered (they should be close or 'dead on' already) then
tighten the front and rear mounts and fire up the car to check for any
improvement. I felt a signfiicant reduction in vibration afte doing this
with a poly front mount and vw motorsports rear mount. There is more
complicated procedure in the bentley.

As your side mounts sag, the front and rear ones start to bear some of the
engine weight and this leads to increased transmission of vibration (along
with the sagging side mounts in the first place). You can ameliorate this
by making sure that the side mounts bare all of the load.

Also its important that your rear mount sits flat and even, with no
twisting or shear acting on the "rubber pad" part of it.

-Toby