help me pass aircare!yay I passed.-Danger-

Or just get yourself a Bently and a dwell meter and go from there. I agree though, 2 full turns is HUGE. The reason the idle stumbled is because you leaned it so much the car wasn't getting enough fuel to run. By adjusting it back to not stumbling, it just barely has enough fuel to run. I've heard of people doing it the other way, adjusting way rich until the car stumbles/bogs and then turning back. Give it like a 1/4 turn to the rich, then either get a dwell meter or a mechanic to set it right where it's supposed to be.

Dan

David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net> wrote:
Quoting Vince :

> Ok so I finally passed. It's like it was a whole different car - the results
> are impressive.
>
> I did the following things since my fail:
> - leaned out idle fuel mixture, about 2 full turns, until idle stumbled,
> then up until smooth.

OMG...

I think I should tell you, that is a VERU BIG adjustment... I strongly
suggest that you take that thing to a mechanic or shop that is able to measure
whether a car is running lean or not... If you adjusted this thing 2 full
turns, and you have never adjusted it before, I can guarantee you that you are
running lean, which will cause premaure wear and/or overheating... If you
have never had your baseline set before, I strongly suggest it... When
mechanics adjust the mixture seting, they turn it prolly less than a 40th of a
turn... No kidding!

HTH

David