help me pass aircare!yay I passed.-Danger-

Quoting Vince <vince@performancecarstereo.com>:

> Ok so I finally passed. It's like it was a whole different car - the results
> are impressive.
>
> I did the following things since my fail:
> - leaned out idle fuel mixture, about 2 full turns, until idle stumbled,
> then up until smooth.

OMG...

I think I should tell you, that is a VERU BIG adjustment...  I strongly
suggest that you take that thing to a mechanic or shop that is able to measure
whether a car is running lean or not...  If you adjusted this thing 2 full
turns, and you have never adjusted it before, I can guarantee you that you are
running lean, which will cause premaure wear and/or overheating...  If you
have never had your baseline set before, I strongly suggest it...  When
mechanics adjust the mixture seting, they turn it prolly less than a 40th of a
turn...  No kidding!

HTH

David