From: "Eric S" <scirocco81@vwmail.net>
To: "Rhett Farnum" <rocco_crossing@hotmail.com>; <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: Semi OT: Car confusion

> I'm sorry Rhett, but its time to be *realistic*.
>
> You wanna be a VW driver or a grandpa pos Oldsmobile driver?
>
> Wake up and smell the coffee here, your rocco is worth more in parts, you
HAD the opportunity to pick up another rocco for cheap, and bailed on it.

> Sell the damn Cutlass, its worth NOTHING more than cruising a highway, not
for autox or a young buck as yourself. VWs, especially 8v VWs, are going to
be the CHEAPEST in the long run, fun, nimble car you can own.

> Part what you can, save what you can, and buy a NICE 8v rocco...wake up
and realize, not all $1000 or less cars are the same...parts, reliability,
handling, fun factor, all must be considered...and I'm sorry, but that piece
of shit Cutlass doesn't make the grade....sell it to some old fart that
WANTS that type of car.

> Sorry to be harsh, I understand you're strapped for cash...but asking a VW
SCIROCCO list about what you should do, with a Cutlass as an option...you're
bound to get some interesting responses.  Its time for YOU to make a
decision...thats what life is about.  Now make your choice, and make sure
its what YOU want, and what YOU can afford....cause asking peoples opinion
is NOT going to help you here.

> The time for "flip floping" and indecisiveness is over.  Make your choice.
I for one, hope you'll still be on this list, but if the Cutlass wins...good
luck to you.