help me pass aircare! yay I passed.

Ok so I finally passed. It's like it was a whole different car - the results
are impressive.

I did the following things since my fail:

- backed off timing by ear about 5-10 degrees
- unplugged vacuum advance for test
- leaned out idle fuel mixture, about 2 full turns, until idle stumbled,
then up until smooth.
- turned up idle to 1000 rpms. the more I retarded the timing, the more I
had to raise idle.
- changed injector seals (didnt look really bad)
- new cap & rotor
- new air filter to replace a new one already
- sprayed throttlebody cleaner all up in the air distributor for a few
minutes
- drove to work in 2nd gear all the way

Heres the results I got:

----------max--------yesterday------------today

driving

HC-------301------------125---------------44
CO-------2.29-----------0.91--------------0.2
NOX-----3220-----------3377-------------1664.0

idle

HC-------412------------468----------------90
CO-------4.63------------8.78--------------0.15

All the numbers are several times lower than yesterday, its like a whole
different car. I swear I didn't swap my motor although I wish I had.

Also I have to note that as soon as I unplugged my vacuum advance, the car
picked up a huge amount of torque between 3-5k rpms. I think it may have
lost a tad up top, but by no means close to what it picked up in midrange.
When I backed off the base timing the effect seemed even more pronounced.
Was I running way too much advance and loosing power? I'm going to hook the
advance back up and see if anything changes.

When I turned the mixture down I lost a bit of driveability at really low
rpms, but thats about all. It idles well with just a hint of a miss once in
awhile. I think i'm going to turn it back up 1 turn just to smooth things
out.

finally  -  thanks guys

Vince