Semi OT: Car confusion - RU86'd

I stand corrected on all accounts.  Your right the correct name is RU486 and yes the term 86'd has been used for years.  It is just interesting that it was used as part of the name.  Thanks to everyone who contributed information.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Walter <dswalterwi@earthlink.net>
Sent: Dec 3, 2003 10:36 PM
To: Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com>,
	Michael Keogh <mkeogh@e-autobusiness.com>, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Semi OT: Car confusion - RU86'd

Does anyone know where the term 86-it came from.  It comes from the part number of the pill (RU86) to kill unborn babies.

RU86 = Are you dead? killed? expired? etc...

Just makes me think twice about using that term.  I don't mean to offend anyone or say that we shouldn't use it, but place some perspective of the origin.

Don