Semi OT: Car confusion - RU86'd

This reminds me of a word origin question I ask as a "stupid bonus question"
on tests, " For which animal were the Canary Islands named?" The corrrect
answer of course is canines, they were well populated by dogs before we
started breeding the cute singing birds from there. It's way too easy to
make the wrong connections sometimes. And you DON't want to hear the latest
stupid bonus, trust me on that.
Cathy