Lookee lookee was "New Scirocco"!!

<snip Larry>
I just doubt they'll go for $20K.
VW has already stated that their goal is to become one of the world's
premium auto lines. Selling a new roadster at Wal-Mart prices would not be
in keeping with that philosophy.
<end snip>

I agree.  That's reason number 1 that they won't bring the car here.  Second
reason, check out the competition:  Lotus Elise and Opel Speedster.  Both
are non-NA cars.  True, the Lotus is coming next year with a different
engine, but it's not a proven seller.  Given America's fascination with
jacked-up station wagons that have DVD players, cruise control, and other
passive driving devices, I think the Elise, a no frills driver's car, won't
sell well.  So why would VW want to compete with a dud?

Just my .02.  Like I said before, I hope I'm wrong.  I've been waiting for
the Elise, but would consider holding out for a VW.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v